7 December 2010

Wladimir Klitshchko's interview with the Guardian


The Guardian's Donald McRae interviewed Wladimir Klitshchko recently for his upcoming fight against British fighter, Dereck "Del Boy" Chisora, the results of which are now online. Going through a number of topics including his charity work, but the main focus was on rival, David Haye, of which he had a few interesting things to say about:



"It's very questionable Haye will dare face Vitali or me. It's ridiculous with this guy. He did sign a contract to fight me [last year] but then he didn't show up. He pulled out of the fight. The same thing happened with Vitali. Haye pulled out of negotiations and went instead to Nikolai Valuev [the hulk who lost his WBA title to Haye]. Against Valuev I wasn't impressed by Haye. He was running around like a scared chicken. It was the same against Audley Harrison. I guess it would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous." 


Going on, he expressed his interest in fighting Haye:


Yes, I do want to fight Haye and it would be very personal. I can't accept what he has done. He calls us the Bitchkos but what I do care about is when he shows images of my family with their heads cut off. I'm not allowing anyone to do that to my family. He has gone too far. But, right now, I'm more focused on Chisora because he is much more dangerous than Haye."


With Haye closing in with a fight with Vitali, it should be interesting see if this fight actually happens, but then again, it is more likely than the brothers fighting each other.

Read the whole article here



No comments:

Post a Comment